Tue, Aug 29|
VOLUNTEER DRIVING PROGRAM INFO SESSION (1) - RESCHEDULED - NOW AUGUST 29
Family Promise of Waukesha County is seeking a few volunteers to serve as drivers for clients. This is a new program and we want to test it to see if and how it might work. Join us for this info session on Tuesday, August 29 at 6pm... either in person at the Day Center or via Zoom.
Time & Location
Aug 29, 2023, 6:00 PM
Waukesha, 139 E North St, Waukesha, WI 53188, USA
About the Event
Our idea is that we would make a driver available at specific times each week. For example on Wednesday afternoons from 1-5pm. Clients could make appointments during those times and we would have a person able to drive them. Clients would have to give a 48 hour notice if they needed a driver. If there was not a client interested, we would cancel the driver.
Drivers would use our van.
The commitment we are asking for from volunteers is:
- Willingness to drive once a week
- Openness to driving a minivan or possibly a transit van
- Go through the online and in person training program
- Have insurance for $300,000/$100,000
- Submit to a criminal and driving record background check.
- Destinations would include essential needs such as work, interviews, medical appointments
Join us for this information session on Tuesday, August 29 at 6pm. You can participate in person or via zoom. Or contact Maria for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org